Forms to Plan, Buy, Build Your Cable Handrail Project
Choices Top and Mounting Style (jpg)Download
Estimate Worksheet (pdf)Download
Selection Details (pdf)Download
Frequently Asked Questions (pdf)Download
Grabber Information (pdf)Download
Kneewall Layout (pdf)Download
Stair Angle (pdf)Download
Quote Example (pdf)Download
Post Placement Drawing (pdf)Download
Stringer Framing Method (pdf)Download
1. How close together do the posts have to be? The posts should be no more than 4 feet apart.
2. How do I order cable and how does the cable come? We will cut your cable to length. We cut the cables 2 feet longer than the drawing asks for, then you will have enough length to tension the cables. We will have one end of each cable with a crimped end on it. Then you will have 10 cables per run since our posts have 10 holes in them.
3. How tall are your posts? Our posts are 36” high at finish.
4. What if I have a knee wall on my stairs? Since every knee wall is built to a different size, we will custom make those posts to your particular angle and height.
5. Can I use wood newel posts with your metal posts? Yes, you can use our metal intermediate posts with wood newel posts. Wait to receive your metal posts before drilling your wood newel posts to make sure everything lines up.
6. Does your handrail meet the 4” sphere code? Yes, our cables are less than 4” apart, so we do meet that 4” requirement.
7. How are these posts finished? They are aluminum painted satin black.
8. What size cable do your posts use? 1/8” 316 stainless steel cable.
9. What kind of paint do you use on your posts? First, we sand blast our posts. Then we use an epoxy primer. Then we paint with a 2-part epoxy primer called Imron. This type of paint is used to paint cars, so it is a very tough paint.
10. Can I use Feeney type hardware with your posts? Yes, you are welcome to use Feeney hardware. But the holes we drill are ¼”. Feeney hardware needs a 3/8” hole on some of the posts. You would need to drill those posts with the Feeney hardware to the larger hole size.
11. Can I mix face mount and deck mount posts? Yes, just let us know on your drawing which mounting style for each section. Face mount works well for narrow stairs.